Posts Tagged ‘marriage’

Texas Marriage Records

Wednesday, March 17th, 2010

Texas marriage records
Why are Texas records so much more accessible than those of other states?

I have many ancestors and relatives who have lived in Texas, but I occasionally need to access birth, marriage, death records from other states, and many of them are not accessible through or any other site.

Hmmm, I don’t know — it sounds unlikely that Texas has determined its policy on public records access entirely as a way to make money off of one specific website.

More likely, they just want to have a high level of customer service.

Texas Marriage State

Saturday, March 13th, 2010

Texas marriage state
How long can i live with my girlfriend until it is considered common law marriage in the state of Texas?

I jus need to know how long in the state of Texas

it not how long but if u and ur girlfriend consider urself to be married to one another, call each other husband and wife, file joint tax returns, she uses ur last name ya’ll are common law married if u need more info check out this website

Texas Marriage Records Database

Tuesday, March 9th, 2010

[mage lang=”en|es|fr|en” source=”flickr”]Texas marriage records database[/mage]
Proof of Divorce?

I am the second of three wives. My husband is a bigamist. I am filing a petition to declare my marriage void in Texas. However, when I go to court, I need to provide proof to the judge that my husband never divorced his first wife. Since there is not a national database for marriages and divorces, how can I go about finding proof? I am almost certain that
he did not divorce her, in fact, he told me that he didn’t. However, I know that my word isn’t going to stand up in a court of law. I have already searched for record of a divorce in Texas, Oklahoma and Arkansas and can find no record in these states. Also, does anyone know how to go about filing bigamy charges in Texas?

Go to the county courthouse where they were married and get a copy of their marriage license and see if either of them filed for divorce in that county or the county they currently live in. If not, then you can take the marriage certificate as proof of the marriage and tell the judge you can not find a county in which a divorce was filed.
Good Luck!