Lackawanna County Court

Does anyone know of eviction law of Pennsylvania? Lackawanna County specifically?

Long story short. paid rent just got sent again last week and this month also sent to correct address and received a letter by mail saying that I have to leave the residence before the day 15 for non-payment of rent and the use of offensive language at a neighbor ………. continue trampling sounded like the roof sagging and I'm calm. that doesn't complianed to owner have to go to court Ram owner? do it in NH i just moved here so I do not know. please anyone out there with knowledge of the law or who I can call to find out would be greatly appreciated. I called him so I'm here. He said that since the takeover in neighboring doesn't want me here already tried to tell you about the purpose doesn't hesaid stomping and believe me there is no way to be ICAN in 10 days! he has to go to court i would say you're telling me now in a letter dated November 29 I have to be 15 and just received today is the fifth.

Pennsylvania Guidelines for Residential Eviction nonpayment of rent Please Note: This information and forms are applicable for residential evictions TYPICAL LANDLORD AND TENANT COMPLAINTS likely reasons for a landlord may file a complaint in the Landlord / Tenant Section of the Pennsylvania Court, Special Civil Part are: nonpayment of rent. disorderly conduct below. Destruction or damage to property. Habitual late payment of rent. Violation of the rules and regulations, after written notice to comply, as indicated in a lease or other document. conviction of tenant for a drug offense. NOTICE Before presenting the most complaints, the landlord must give written notice to the tenant to correct a violation of the contract. The landlord can only proceed to file for eviction if the tenant fails to correct the violation within the legal notice. In Pennsylvania, a landlord or a tenant that is a corporation must be represented by counsel in all matters filed in the court. No landlord or the tenant may be represented by someone who is not a lawyer. EVICTION proper procedure Landlord and Tenant Act of 1951 marks the only method for a landlord to evict a tenant. The Landlord-Tenant Act does not apply to people who are buying a house or living in a hotel or pension. The eviction notice – the landlord must give the tenant a written notice of the reason for the eviction and the date the landlord wants the tenant to leave. NOTE: A contract written lease may result in abandonment of the right to receive the eviction notice. The eviction notice must be delivered personally to the tenant or posted on the home. A notification eviction, posted probably does not apply. A written contract may specify how many days notice must be given by the owner before the owner can leave. The contract does not say how much notice is required, the general rule is: If the deadline is over, or that the owner claims the tenant has violated the lease, the landlord must give the tenant thirty (30) days notice if the contract is for less than a year (this is usually monthly) and ninety days (90) whether the lease is one year or more. If the tenant is behind in rent and has a verbal contract with the landlord, the landlord should give only fifteen (15) days notice between April 1st and September 1st, but thirty (30) days notice between September 1 and April 1. The tenant is not out of the property at the end of the eviction notice, the landlord must follow the procedure through the District Justice's office as the provisions of paragraphs 2, 3 and 4. Complaint – The form below is a demand for landlords and tenants. The landlord files the complaint with the appropriate office District Justice, and the owner receives a yellow copy of the lawsuit. The pink copy of the application shall be served to the tenant by the Constable, who may deliver tenant demand or tape of the complaint to the door of the property. The tenant will also receive a copy of orange in the same complaint through the mail. The lawsuit says that the hearing be held in the office of District Judge in a day and time. The tenant must inform the District Justice if the tenant intends to attend hearing and present their side of the case. The Complaint always requests possession of the property and may apply for unpaid rent or damage as well. If the owner also is demanding back rent or damages, see Suits money. If the tenant has the right to file against the landlord, this claim, called a "Counterclaim", may be filed before the hearing. Then you will hear both complaints simultaneously. The Hearing – At the hearing, both the owner and tenant will be placed under oath to tell the truth. Anyone can have a lawyer to present their case. The owner will have the base and present your case. When the owner is just testifying, the tenant can ask the owner – in other words, ask the owner any questions you could ask the tenant about the case. When the owner is just the presentation of its case, the tenant has the support and presents the tenant of the case. Again the landlord has the right to question the tenant after the tenant has made his case. Both the landlord and the tenant is entitled to present documents, photos or other evidence that it is important to prove your case. Or you may present witnesses they may have. The District Justice will decide whether the owner is entitled to a trial for possession of the property. If the landlord wins the case, he / she will receive a sentence for possession and the tenant must move. If the tenant wins, the tenant can stay. District Judge may also decide whether or not the owner or the tenant owes money to another. (See Suits money). While the owner or tenant disagrees with the decision of the District Justice reaches the audience, An action can be taken to the County Court House within thirty (30) days after the District Justice makes his decision. Both the tenant or landlord need help from an attorney in the presentation of this resource. While the owner or the tenant does not attend the hearing he / she will receive a notification from the court District says that the decision of the District Court was and on what date the decision was entered. Order of Possession – If the owner has suffered a failure of possession which means that the tenant has to move, the landlord can execute the statement. This means that within fifteen (15) days after the District Judge ago its decision and enters the Judgement of possession, the owner may have the police give the tenant an "Order of Possession." This Order of Possession is a notice saying that unless the tenant the tenant is out of the property at a date specified in the notice (not earlier than fifteen (15) days after the date on which the tenant receives the notification) from the police force or sheriff may provide that the tenant and their belongings from the house or apartment. This is a total of at least thirty (30) days after the failure of possession took place. If the sheriff has to forcibly evict the tenant and the tenant has not arranged a place for your furniture and belongings the sheriff or constable can store furniture and belongings in a storage company by the tenant. The tenant must pay any storage bill before getting their furniture and belongings. If the tenant does not pay the storage bill or make arrangements regarding the furniture and belongings, which may be sold by the storage company to pay the storage bill. Landlord and Tenant Complaint (AOPC 310A) Filing Instructions You must have a copy of the owners and tenants demand for applicant, two copies for each defendant and a copy with the original signature of the District Justice office. You can make copies of the complaint made to produce the required number copies, including a copy to the defendant's attorney. You will be charged the costs and service charges when the complaint is filed with the District Court. No changes can be made this form or in content or format. Landlord and Tenant Complaint (AOPC 310A) Word Doc Landlord-Tenant Complaint (AOPC 310A) PDF This page was last updated After 05/08/2002

Comments are closed.